Jeb Bush, Asshole of the Day for September 17, 2015
During last night’s Republican debate, Jeb Bush claimed that Obama created ISIS by withdrawing troops, and then under criticism from Trump, he defiantly proclaimed his brother George W. Bush “kept us safe.”
And today he didn’t walk away from that ridiculous statement– instead he doubled down on Twitter:
He kept us safe. pic.twitter.com/Plq9Hm7caE— Jeb Bush (@JebBush)September 17, 2015
Boy, he’s really proud of this one. And it sounds great if you can forget
- 9/11 in which thousands died on American soil. Jeb even puts 9/11 in the photo in tweet. That happened on his brother’s watch. And don’t tell me you blame that one on Clinton, but then blame Obama for the troop withdrawal that his brother signed in 2008. You could make an argument that Clinton is to blame for 9/11 or that Obama is to blame for the troop withdrawal, but you can’t pretend that George W. Bush isn’t responsible for either.
- The Iraq War, which also led to the deaths and wounding of thousands of American.s
- Letting North Korea develop nuclear weapons
- All the Americans who were left to die in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina
- The botched Iraq occupation which let terrorists thrive in new country
- Letting Iran start a nuclear program
- And of course he never caught Bin Laden
So no, his brother did not keep us safe. And for saying he did, proudly, all pleased with himself, Jeb Bush is the Asshole of the Day.
It is Jeb Bush’s second time as Asshole of the Day. In the first he also blamed something his brother did on Obama.
Share on Tumblr